Spamming can mean one of two things. Spamming can be the process of taking numerous items out of a container, repeating the same words or actions several times, or coming in and out of a room with a ton of charmies. This type of spamming is not allowed. If you are doing these actions unintentionally you will be warned. However, if your goal is to annoy or aggravate other players then other actions will occur.
Another form of spamming that most people use on the MUD is when you repetitively cast spells over and over again in order to improve them. Here are the rules for this type of spamming.
1. You must be present at your keyboard while you run any scripts on your character that are in any form of a loop.
2. You must not spam spells or actions in any safe room. It is annoying and distracting to other players.
3. As you are out of safe you are in danger of being attacked or having items stolen from you. While most people still consider this to be a “gimp way” of killing others, it is your responsibility to protect yourself while out of safe. If somebody kills you while you are spamming then it is a legal kill – as long as they do not do it in Pyrenthia of course.
So, you are ready to spam up your spells? How do you start?
1. It is better to spam up spells at higher levels. You have more mana to use and the spells cost less mana. Doing it at low levels can be counter-productive.
2. Wear equipment that maxes out your intelligence and adds mana. There is no need to wear level 60 equipment while spamming spells, this will just make you a target.
3. Find a good place to do your spamming. There is a bench by the Pub in Pyrenthia and a bench in Tsythia’s Sanctuary. Both of these are good places to practice your spells and commonly used.
4. Practice only 3-4 spells at a time. Do not only practice one spell at a time. The code knows what you improved at last and you will improve more slowly if you only practice one spell. By doing a handful of spells you will improve faster.
5. If you are practicing spells like curse, blind, weaken, or slow then ask somebody to help you by getting you a mob that is slept.
6. You can also practice curse or poison on an item of food.
7. Druids can practice purify on an item as well.
Most skills should go up while you are leveling but a few take extra effort.
1. Haggle is easy to spam up. Go to the bakery in Pyrenthia and just buy one piece of bread at a time. Drop the bread and sacrifice it as you buy more. This will give you the silver you are spending back.
2. Peek by going to a store keeper or any mob and just type look over and over again, be sure to do other actions as well so it doesn’t show up as spamming.
3. Sneak and Hide can be practiced together just by looping them. There is no message that other people see so you can do this in safe without any problem.
4. Steal can be practiced by sleeping a mob, giving it bread and stealing it back.
5. Enhanced Damage, Second Attack, Third Attack, Fourth Attack, Fifth Attack should all go up on their own without any extra work from you.
6. Weapon skills can be maxed easily by fighting with low level weapons as you are leveling.
7. Remove your shield to increase your dodge and parry.
8. Shield block will go up on its own but if you want added help then remove your weapon.
9. There is a mob in Pyrenthia named Xorphox who is immune to most damage types, this is a good mob to use for skills.
10. The old method of spamming skills up is to go to elemental canyon and round up numerous elementals. Use a low level wand or staff that does an area attack. The increased attacks will up your parry, dodge, and shield block. Make sure your wimpy is on and bring healing potions.
11. Skills like trip, disarm, kick, and dirt kick are ones that need to be practiced while you are fighting. If you do them as you level then you won’t have a problem with them going up.
Lastly, do not try to spam your skills or spells up to 100%, it won’t work. The code allows you to spam up to 93-94%. After this it only allows improvements once every hour. So after that point then just let them go up naturally on their own. Anything above 90% will work great.